First step in keeping your home free of mold is to do a thorough inspection of the entire property at least once a month. list of things to check are,
- Roof - Attics - Water pipes
-Windows and doors - Crawlspaces - Boiler and Hvac unit
Second step is to insure your humidity levels through out the home or business are between the levels of 30 and 50 percent.
Third step Be sure to have your home or business properly ventilated. here are a few ways to properly vent your home.
- Bathroom ceiling vent- clean and check for obstruction and make sure it is properly vented outside, it is very important to run the fan during bath and shower time. this will help lower the moisture and humidity levels.
- Kitchen cooking exhaust fan.
- Attic - make sure there are no obstruction such as insulation in your soffit vents. check and make sure your attic fan is functioning correctly and there is no obstruction in the turbine, hood or ridge vent.
- Crawlspace - Be sure to check your crawlspace after every rain storm, A leaking foundation can cause serious foundation and health problems.
Dogwood Contracting LLC
Dogwood Contracting LLC is a family owned and operated business. Our employees are trained in all aspects of environmental services. Our team of experts will make you feel like your part of the family.